Lightridge Sports Scores
  • May 6 / Varsity Girls TennisLightridge - 0, Briar Woods - 6
  • May 6 / Varsity Boys TennisLightridge - 3, Briar Woods - 6
  • May 6 / Varsity Girls SoccerLightridge - 0, Briar Woods - 1
  • May 6 / JV Boys SoccerLightridge - 4, Briar Woods - 2
  • May 6 / Varsity Boys SoccerLightridge - 3, Briar Woods - 1
  • May 6 / Varsity BaseballLightridge - 6, Stone Bridge - 4
  • May 6 / Varsity SoftballLightridge - 0, Riverside - 4
  • May 6 / JV BaseballLightridge - 0, Stone Bridge - 1
  • May 6 / JV SoftballLightridge - 0, Riverside - 23
  • May 3 / Varsity Girls LacrosseLightridge - 13, Riverside - 8

Lightridge News

The student produced news site for Lightridge High School

Lightridge News

Lightridge News

In order to survive, country music needs to look at how it is hostile to some segments of its fan base.
Op-Ed: Country music's diversity problem
Sabry Tate, Managing Editor • May 9, 2024
A Loudoun County Sherriffs Office Deputy and a drug sniffing canine conducted a search on May 3.
LCSO brings drug sniffing dog to Lightridge
Panchami Rangaraju, Editor-in-Chief • May 3, 2024
Assistant Principal Dr. Kim Jackson (top) and senior Tre Holley (bottom) give blood.
Red Cross Club holds blood drive
Sabry Tate, Managing Editor • May 1, 2024

Senior Assassin season is back

Alvaro Fonseca
Mia Calderon hunted down Nolan Guest while the latter was on a college tour.

As the end of the year approaches, the senior class of 2024 is participating in another year of Senior Assassin. This year’s game started on April 8th with 138 players.

Senior Assassin, run by a senior student volunteer, puts every participant’s name into an app that assigns a target to eliminate for each person. People can eliminate their target by spraying or shooting water at them and they have to eliminate their target by the deadline set in place in order to move to the next round. Each participant is required to share their live location on Snapchat and a bounty is placed on them if their location is turned off. Bounties mean any person in the game is allowed to go after them, even the already eliminated, who can then be brought back into the game if they take out someone with a bounty.

If a participant is wearing goggles around their head, they are safe from being eliminated. However, at any point in time, the person running the game can initiate a “purge”, which means that immunities don’t count and anyone can be a target.

Red zones are places where you are not allowed to get someone out. The red zones are at school during school hours, any of the sports fields during practice, places of work during their shift, and any place of worship.

Each person pays $5 to participate and the money gets added up together to set the prize fund for the winner of the game. First place gets 70% of the pot money, second place gets 20%, and 3rd place gets 10%.

The rounds progress until the last person eliminates their final target and wins the prize.

On April 22 a Hunger Games themed round began. Each person is assigned to a district with one other person in it. They are assigned another district and have to eliminate both “tributes” from the other district. If someone’s location is off, it results in immediate disqualification from the game. If an offense is committed that is worthy of a bounty more than once, that person’s district will be stripped of their right to immunities. In order to move to the next round, both people from the assigned district must be eliminated.

As of this publication, 98 players have been assassinated.