Lightridge Sports Scores
  • Apr 9 / Varsity Girls LacrosseLightridge - 17, Broad Run - 1
  • Apr 9 / JV Girls LacrosseLightridge - 12, Broad Run - 2
  • Apr 8 / Varsity Girls TennisLightridge - 2, Riverside - 7
  • Apr 8 / Varsity Boys TennisLightridge - 1, Riverside - 8
  • Apr 8 / JV Boys SoccerLightridge - 3, Stone Bridge - 0
  • Apr 8 / Varsity Boys SoccerLightridge - 3, Stone Bridge - 0
  • Apr 8 / Varsity BaseballLightridge - 5, Stone Bridge - 6
  • Apr 8 / Varsity SoftballLightridge - 3, Stone Bridge - 0
  • Apr 8 / JV BaseballLightridge - 1, Stone Bridge - 7
  • Apr 8 / JV SoftballLightridge - 1, Stone Bridge - 6

Lightridge News

The student produced news site for Lightridge High School

Lightridge News

Lightridge News

Vacancies in teaching positions have jumped 25% in recent years as more teachers leave the profession and less recent college graduates decide to pursue careers in education.
Teacher shortage hits Loudoun and Lightridge
Lalitha Aravind, Associate Story Editor • April 11, 2024
Junior Lexi Musick gets down behind home plate in the varsity softball game against Millbrook on March 11.
Spring Sports Photo Roundup
Amber Baptista and Kendall MatthewsApril 4, 2024
This coveted music award isnt always without  controversy. 
Graphic courtesy of The Recording Academy.
Lightridge corrects the Grammy record
Aanya Dhannapuneni, Staff Writer • April 1, 2024

Econ classes practice distribution of study materials

Tre Holley
Peter Kim’s economics classes covered the windows of the 1400-1700 connector hallway with notes, graphs, and formulas.

Lightridge’s economic classes have found a new and creative way to review unit materials. The windows in the connecting passage between the 1400 and 1700 hallways are covered with calculations, formulas, graphs and student notes. Half science, half artwork, the notes were put there by the students to help facilitate study.
“It’s basically the six units that we worked on in micro economics,” said economics teacher Peter Kim. “They did this because they were taking a comprehensive test, so this was a way for them to review, and their classmates could see the windows and they could go over it together. It’s a lot of information, so we needed to find someplace where they could all just kinda look at it and see and then have conversations.”
Students from one of Kim’s classes found the window review incredibly helpful. Seeing all the information on a wide space helped with refreshing the students memories on the past units that they had learned.
“So, a lot of the units we did it was like at the beginning of the year and no one really remembered them other than like what we had like really learned in class,” said junior Dunah Helebo. “I thought it really helped with refreshing myself with that information.”
Senior Varun Somarauthu agreed.
“For us it was a great review and after that we could look at our classmates’ windows and review the other units as well before the final exam,” said Somarauthu.
Both students felt confident after reviewing the work on the windows. This method of review allowed students to communicate the learning material to one another in a way where they all could understand it. Kim said that he wants his students to be able to show off what they learn, and to be proud of all the work that they accomplish because it’s not all about the grade, it’s about taking pride in the progress you make along the way.