Lightridge Sports Scores
  • May 16 / Varsity Girls TennisLightridge - 1, Riverside - 5
  • May 16 / Varsity Girls SoccerLightridge - 3, Briar Woods - 4
  • May 16 / Varsity BaseballLightridge - 13, Riverside - 1
  • May 16 / Varsity SoftballLightridge - 3, Independence - 5
  • May 15 / Varsity Girls LacrosseLightridge - 12, Independence - 7
  • May 15 / Varsity Boys LacrosseLightridge - 5, Stone Bridge - 13
  • May 13 / Varsity Boys TennisLightridge - 3, Independence - 5
  • May 13 / Varsity Boys SoccerLightridge - 1, Stone Bridge - 2
  • May 9 / JV Boys SoccerLightridge - 1, Potomac Falls - 0
  • May 9 / JV Girls LacrosseLightridge - 3, Potomac Falls - 1

Lightridge News

The student produced news site for Lightridge High School

Lightridge News

Lightridge News

Katie Nutt, LeAnne Howard, Torrey E. Taussig talk to local high school students at the NATO focused  Black Professionals in International Affairs event.  Photo courtesy of the Black Professionals in International Affairs.
Students meet with NATO officials
Sabry Tate, Managing Editor • June 11, 2024
SAVY Pod Episode Six: Off to College
SAVY Pod Episode Six: Off to College
Vy Bui and Saara IslamJune 11, 2024
Sophomore pitcher Dylan Herr fires from the mound.
Baseball improves over last season
Aidan Ryan, Staff Writer • June 7, 2024

Yearbook staff steps up to solve printer problem

Varsity Brands printed 319 of 1000 books incorrectly
Tre Holley
Above is one of the sixteen pages erroneously inserted into this year’s yearbook by the company who handles the printing of the annual.

When the yearbook staff was preparing the yearbooks for distribution last week they discovered a problem. Sixteen pages of Lightridge’s yearbook had been replaced by printer Varsity Brands with sixteen pages of another school’s yearbook. The other school, based on the erroneously included pages, seems to be located in either New York or New Jersey. Three hundred and nineteen out of the 1000 books ordered had the printing error.

“I only noticed one spread,” said Summer Knudson, a junior yearbook staff member who discovered the problem. “I saw more spreads that I hadn’t seen before. I was confused because I wasn’t aware that a mistake like this was even possible.”

The error was entirely the fault of the printer and not due to anything that the yearbook staff did incorrectly. English and Yearbook teacher Irene Moulton said that while she has seen yearbook errors, she has never seen it to this extent.

“It’s happened in the past at other schools I have worked at,” said Moulton, “but sometimes it’s like two or three books, not 319. Like I am glad, but why us?”

After discovering the error the yearbook staff immediately took action. They contacted both principal Dr. Ryan Hitchman and their representative at Varsity Brands to discuss the error. Varsity Brands, once notified of their error, immediately got started producing 319 additional copies with the correct pages. Although they started producing the additional copies over a week ago, due to the intricate cover on the yearbooks, the plant stated it would require two weeks for the yearbooks to be completed.

The error caused a shift in the plans of distribution. The disruption didn’t impact the distribution of yearbooks to seniors, but it affected the distribution to underclassmen. Since Varsity Brands said the corrected yearbooks would arrive on June 12, the yearbooks for underclassmen will be distributed on June 13.

Hitchman has allowed the yearbook staff to sell the copies with errors for the discounted price of $40.